Posting Title: Solar Senior Engineer
#of Openings: 1
Company & Business Area Description:
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world’s leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
Local Unit & Position Description:
DNV is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated solar expert to join our Regional team. We offer a full-time position reporting to Regional Head of Solar Advisory.
The Solar Senior Engineer will work in the Imola office providing independent and owner’s engineering services through the entire lifecycle of solar projects, and support colleagues from other diciplines. As an independent advisor, the Solar Senior Engineer will spend the majority of the time conducting direct project work for customers, in addition to supporting business development and in-house research projects. It will be considered a plus if the person is recognized as a solar expert within the market.
Tasks may include
- Direct Project Work. As part of the daily work and after a proper training, it is expected that the Solar Senior Engineer will be involved in engineering and advisory tasks for solar PV projects:
- Technical Due Diligences processes including review of energy production assessment, system electrical design, main equipment, project contracts and financial model.
- Project Construction Monitoring and on-site inspection.
- Operational Data Analytics to assess project performance trends and component behavior.
- Project Management. The Solar Senior Engineer will coordinate and manage internal resources for the execution of projects and ensure that projects are delivered on-time and within budget, as well as meeting Customers’ expectations in terms of quality.
- Business Development. As part of the Solar Team, the Solar Senior Engineer will be responsible for tracking business opportunities, market intelligence, develop services according to industry needs and develop and maintain the required network of contacts with focus on Italian and Eastern Mediterranean solar PV market.
- Research and Development. Propose and be involved in internal R&D Projects related to the solar business.
To qualify, we need you to have:
- At least Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or similar discipline.
- At least 4 years years of professional experience in the solar sector (preferable in consultancy or engineering companies).
- At least 3 years of project management experience.
- Local and international experience on engineering and consultancy services for solar PV plants.
- Technical knowledge of renewable energy (including solar PV) policy.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including ability to write clear and detailed technical reports, presentations and emails in English and Italian.
- Experience in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Valid driving license.
Below qualifications will additionally maximize your chances:
- Experience in technical due diligence processes which may include but is not limited to: site assessment, system design, energy estimates, equipment selection, contracts review and project finance.
- Familiarity with PVsyst as well as other energy simulation software.
- Working knowledge of solar PV related regulations, codes and standards. Experience with IEC standards and relevant certifications in the industry.
- Experience on project construction, commissioning procedures and acceptance tests and conditions. Familiar with typical equipment for site inspections (thermographic cameras, I-V curve tracers, electroluminescence, etc.).
Traits we value:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Lead and support independent qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Willingness to travel across the country and internationally.
- Ability to work independently, within the Regional team, and with external partner organizations.
We are offering a challenging, varied and responsible job in a dynamic and international environment. You will have plenty of opportunities for personal growth, according to our 70-20-10 philosophy: 70% learning on the job, 20% coaching and 10% training. Naturally, the position is rewarded appropriately, including attractive fringe benefits and incentive scheme.
Contact: Samanta Sartorello Samanta.Sartorello@dnv.com