Solar Market Parity Italia
giugno 18 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Solar Market Parity Italia
18 Giugno 2019 – Milano, Sheraton Malpensa
Nei prossimi anni, l’energia solare diventerà competitiva in termini di costi con le tecnologie convenzionali, raggiungendo dunque il mitico stato di Market Parity. Questo aprirà le porte ad una rivoluzione/evoluzione dell’energia solare. Quali saranno i nuovi modelli di business? Il 2018 è stato un anno importante per l’industria Solare Italiana di larga scala. Il 2019 promette di essere differente.
09:00 Introduction & opening words
09:15 The Italian Sun is bright: State of the Market
This session will provide a big-picture view of the current state of affairs of the Italian solar market.
- What has happened since the end of FiTs (Quinto Conto Energia) in 2013?
- Latest capacity additions
- Current and future regulation
- A 20 GW market! How long until 40 GW?
- A political, economical, social and technological perspective
PAOLO ROCCO VISCONTINI
PRESIDENT /// ITALIA SOLARE
09:40 Wholesale electricity prices projections in Italy
Market parity is achieved partly by the wholesale electricity prices. In this session we’ll aim to uncover the key drivers for these prices in Italy.
- Protecting against zero or sub-zero spot prices
- Will solar cannibalize on its own success?
- Key drivers and current trends
- Outlook for the future
SR. SOLAR ANALYST /// BLOOMBERG NEW ENERGY FINANCE
10:00 Auctions 101
4.8 GW of renewables will be awarded in the auctions until 2021. What is the status?
- What is the share of solar in the awarded projects?
- Which companies were awarded the most?
- Foreign investment in the auctions
- Learnings from other countries’ models
- Key obstacles to avoid in the auctions
10:25 COFFEE & COOKIE BREAK
11:25 The private PPA market
Private PPAs in Italy have been on the rise as a way to operate solar plants. What are the key learnings from the field?
- Key things to know about PPAs in Italy
- A PPA platform for negotiation. What’s the impact?
- What are some of the learnings from some of the PPAs?
- Physical and virtual PPAs possibilities
- The rules for self-consumption
PARTNER /// PAUL HASTINGS
PARTNER /// OUR NEW ENERGY
PARTNER & CEO /// REF-E
12:00 Financing of merchant plants
Merchant solar is all the buzz now. However, this comes with certain risks.
- The role of banks and institutional investors
- Is merchant a viable business model in the long run?
- Regulatory concerns for setting a merchant solar plant
GLOBAL HEAD ENERGY TRANSITION /// INTESA SANPAOLO
12:30 A Developer’s Guide to Italy: A New Era
Even with the announcement of several market parity projects and investments, large-scale solar in Italy has recently been underdeveloped. What must the new developer know about large-scale development?
- Land costs, complex approval processes and other hindrances
- Developments on agricultural land
- A new model without subsidies
- What to expect from 2019?
- Which geographical areas show the most promise?
CHAIRMAN & CEO /// SOLAR VENTURES
14:30 The beginning of Corporate PPAs
The corporate PPA segment holds a lot of potential to solar plant owners. However, much is yet to be done in terms of regulation. How to incentivize this new and growing market?
- Learnings from the limited action
- What needs to change to allow for more corporate PPAs?
- Experience from the north
15:10 Grid considerations for a solar-powered future
Solar growth is constrained by grid limits. In this session we’ll explore Italy’s grid and its impact on solar deployment.
- 6 GW by 2020, how feasible is this?
- How to link supply and demand centers
- Permitting processes and bottlenecks
- Will the grid be a limiting factor in the development of solar?
- The effect of agricultural land
15:40 COFFEE & COOKIE BREAK
16:40 Investing in Italy: opportunities and challenges
Money matters. In this session, investors will engage in a well-rounded discussion about what is needed to invest in Italy.
- Is there renewed investor appetite after the new renewable energy decree?
- Is solar becoming a margins game?
- Green bonds and other sources of capital
17:20 A vision for the future: Italy in 2030
For a sunny future.
- Renewable energy targets: is 27% achievable?
- What will be solar’s role?
- Objective of 50 GW by 2030.. Achievable with current regulation?
EDITOR /// PV MAGAZINE
17:40 Closing comments
17:50 DRINKS & BITES
Per maggiori informazioni: italy.solarmarketparity.com