HOW TO JOIN
OVER 1,200 COMPANIES HAVE REGISTERED WITH ITALIA SOLARE, JOIN US!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE JOINING
- Membership is valid for the current solar year and is not automatically renewed. Members who do not wish to renew are kindly asked to communicate their decision in writing to email@example.com.
- A reduced membership fee is offered to newly joining PV Industry Members and Business Producers (Produttori Aziendali), depending on the month when they join. Membership fees of Supporting Members are fixed.
- Reduced membership fees for PV Industry Members and Business Producers apply until 31st October each year. From 1st November the fee covers the remaining months of the solar year and the following year.
THE PROSPECTIVE MEMBER MUST REGISTER, INDICATING AS TYPE THE PREVAILING ACTIVITY:
- If you are both a PV Company (Operatore) and a Student, you must join as a PV Industry Member.
- If you are both a PV Company and a Residential System Owner (Supporting Member), you must join as a PV Industry Member.
- If you are a PV Company and a PV System Owner with Tax Code (Socio Produttore Aziendale), you must join according to the predominant activity, i.e. the activity that generates the greatest turnover.
What type of member are you?
The PV Company (Operatore) member is the legal entity that provides services and consultancy of various kinds through its professional activity:
- in the energy sector, production and distribution of materials, components and technologies;
- design and installation of systems,
construction, also on behalf of third parties;
- operation and maintenance of plants and multiple plant assets;
- trading and sale of energy (from both owned and third-party plants).
The Investing member is the legal entity that invests part or all of the capital in photovoltaic projects with the intention of making a profit. The invested capital comes either from own sources (equity) or from external sources (investment funds, banks, insurance companies, …). Investors are also:
- companies that develop PV projects
- SPVs (Special Purpose Vehicles), companies set up to convey financial assets sold by third parties.
The Supporting Member is the natural person who shares the association’s mission and vision and does not carry out professional activities in the energy sector in any capacity. This type of membership is suitable, for example, for professors and teachers of schools of all levels who do not carry out the professional activities typical of the operating member.
A Student Member is a person who is regularly enrolled in higher or university studies and is under 30 years of age.
The Institutional Member is who belongs to one of the following types:
- National and local trade associations.
- National associations whose members are located in two or more Italian regions and carry out activities throughout the national territory.
- Other local associations whose members are located in one Italian region and carry out activities exclusively in the regional territory.
- Schools and universities. Professors and teachers must be register as Supporting Members, respecting the principal activity rule.
- Regions, Provinces and Municipalities, but not individual employees.
A Plant Owner Member is who belongs to one of the following categories:
- Residential PV system owner, who owns one or more residential PV systems.
- Condominiums and energy communities.
- Corporate PV system owner, a legal entity and/or owner of an SME that is the responsible party for a PV system.